3. No matter how many times you hear it, “Diamonds are NOT a girl’s best friend.”
4. Go for it, get dirty! It’s good for you.
5.Beat the boys at their own games.
6. Be spiritual.
7. See the world.
8. A strong hand shake leaves a lasting impression.
9. Choose your role models carefully.
10. Read something everyday.
11. When it comes to wearing make-up, there’s a general rule of thumb that applies-LESS is MORE.
12. When it comes to fashion, shorter does not always equal better. Fashion trends come and go and not all of it is fabulous. Half tops and mini skirts are great for an 85 degree day at the beach or if you’re a Miami Dolphins cheerleader, but not for your high school yearbook photo.
13. Please, please, please do not allow yourself to become someone else’s property. Why this is trendy, I will never figure out. If you want to make a statement about yourself on clothing, at least let it describe an aspect of who YOU are.
14. Speaking of trends, I hope that by the time you are allowed to date, guys don’t wear their pants hanging half way down their ass like they do now. I really feel like this has been pretty popular for quite some time and I am praying that it finally goes away by 2022.
15. Being an angel should not and does not mean wearing only your bra, underwear, and a set of wings for everyone to see.
16. Since you’re growing up in the technological age of iPad, iPod, iPhone, and texting, I have to address the horrendous lack of writing skills being used by today’s youth. This phenomenon of truant letters may very well be the Death of English (LOL). Bottom line, don’t use text lingo in your thesis.
17. Speaking of text lingo, verbal slang is just as unprofessional.
18. Don’t let pop culture define you.
19. Accept yourself for who you are.
20. Mainstream your health.
21. Have confidence in yourself.
22. Be a sister. Be a friend. Be a protector.
23. Love with all your heart.
24. Never be afraid to laugh at yourself.
25. Wherever you are in life, you can come home. I will be here – always.